Saturday, May 12, 2012

Update on the house

It has been a while since my last house update.  Before I left for New York, I had a meeting with the builder.  We are tracking to be done in mid July.  A little later than we had hoped, but still in time to be settled before we need to start the next school year in earnest.  Will and the kids went while I was in New York.  They had just started bricking.



This week its almost done being bricked.  I have to be completely honest.  I am slightly disappointed in the way the brick color turned out.  The problem is that it is more muted than I had expected from the color in the design center.  The color really popped in the design center.  Lots of reds, grays, yellows, etc.  The brick just doesn't seem to do that.  That said, as I type this, see the pictures, and have time to reflect on it, I think it looks ok.  The pictures make it look like it has more contrast like what I was expecting.  So maybe it is fine.  I just want it to be "perfect" because I am going to be here a while. :)  Sigh.  I hope that I am not disappointed as they start doing the inside.  I realized today that I am going to have to start speaking up when I see things that I don't like.  Up until now, they have been doing stuff that I know nothing about.  Now, it is going to be stuff like wall colors, counter tops, cabinets, etc.  Stuff I do care and know about.  It hasn't taken up much of my time up to now, but that may be changing.

We couldn't go in today because they were doing the texture on the walls.  That means we have walls!!  So exciting.




 I will be sending a note to the builder about these little bricks on the 'wings' of the front door.  They don't match and are just plain weird.  It will be fixed!  My first chance to speak up!


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment