Saturday, May 12, 2012

New York

Our trip to New York -

                                           


Our first day was all about traveling, eating and a trip to see Newsies.  I don't really have any pictures from this day.  The show was amazing!  We stayed right no Time Square and could see the New Years Eve ball out our hotel window.  (Thanks to Will for all his traveling for this wonderful opportunity.  We couldn't have affording this expensive hotel without all his points.)  It was close to everything.  We were able to walk to Dave & Buster's, the show, the American Girl Store (a necessary stop for my Brooke), and just about anything else in the Time Square area.

Day 2 - Was our whirlwind tour of New York courtesy of Ben.  The pictures didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.  At one point the camera stopped auto focusing and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.  As a result a few are quite blurry.  I'll share a few that I like.

Central Park:



The French Consulate.  I took this for Will.  Not sure why.


 The MET!  Thanks to Ben, our gracious host, we did the MET in about 30 minutes.  It was outstanding! I snuck a few pictures.


 Grand Central Station.  We had the most amazing lunch at Grand Central.  Tri Tip Steak sandwiches.  We also began our sweets extravaganza with black and white cookies.  Amazing.



 St. Paul's Chapel by the World Trade Center site.



 World Trade Center mural.



Our one and only subway ride to Chelsea Market.  I am not a fan of the subway, though we did have some dancing entertainment for a portion of the ride.  The Taxi is well worth the cost.  I don't have any pictures of Chelsea Market, but we had some of the most amazing treats!


 The World Trade Center memorial.  Apart from the show this was our one 'have to see' for the trip.  It was breathtaking.  The pictures just don't do it justice.  Will's cousin, Will met us in New York too and spent the afternoon with us.






Random silliness:



 St. Patrick's Cathedral.  We lit a candle for Mom inside.  It was so dark inside though it was hard to get great pictures.  An added bonus was that this is where the camera started going crazy.  It was so beautiful though.


 And a times square trip wouldn't be complete without some silly pictures in front of the New Year's Eve ball.  I am rather embarrassed about how I look in these, but figured it wouldn't be honest to omit them.



 We had an amazing trip to New York.  A huge thanks to Ben for spending his whole day with us showing us around the town and to Will for taking the train down to see us.  I don't know about Stephanie, but I am already anxiously awaiting our next trip to the Big Apple!





No comments:

Post a Comment