Sunday, July 15, 2012

Clouds...

I finally succumbed to the pressure and joined Pinterest.  One of the first things that I found on it was a really cool cloud project.    http://www.nature-watch.com/weather-window-cloud-identification-and-weather-prediction-activity-kit-p-44.html?cPath=142_143   Of course it costs money that I don't want to spend, so we created our own.

I am not really the projecty type of homeschooling mom, but this has been one of the coolest projects that we have done.  The hole in the center allows for the kids to take this outside and identify the clouds.  Brooke and Caleb will now debate on which specific type of cloud they see.  Tonight as we left Target they could be heard saying.

Caleb: "I see Cumulonimbus."
Brooke: "Those over there aren't cumulonimbus.  They are stratus."
Caleb: "They aren't just stratus because stratus isn't that gray.  They must be nimbostratus."

Awesome activity!  we just used a 11x17 tag board, water colors, cotton balls, scissors, and craft glue.  I had written the description of each of the clouds and the weather pattern they indicate on the back of mine.  However, as I did this, I quickly realized that at least one of my children was not sitting through writing that much.  For them, I typed it on the computer and had them cut it out.  If anyone wants to do it, I can send them the word document already done.









No comments:

Post a Comment